Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Monroe? Generally, you have three significant sectors of the home for video surveillance: your main entry, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. While your security installer will be able to recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Protect Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to casually stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other risks to think about. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to tackle these types of possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you are able to speak with people who walk up and press the button. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to every ring with 2-way talk and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone attempts something criminal, you can have your camera automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Monroe house allow for a large field-of-view, letting you see two sections of your property.
- Right under an overhang or directly into a bit of trim or siding are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is a more likely entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a deck or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any bushes or tree limbs that may block your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Monroe. But the additional adaptability means you have more factors to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window can cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device located in a higher spot will have a broader view. Try placing your cameras above bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment won’t have the chance to defend your property if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. You could try mounting or a different method of attaching them to make sure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top video camera will fail to be of much use if you have a plant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Just call (318) 226-6496 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.