Today's smart security options are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to perform easy security tasks like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Monroe, you can simply leave the driveway and let your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Monroe For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter around your residence, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices utilize to share information with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can then institute a unique boundary around your property and designate what actions you want to take place if you cross the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you exit your property, you may set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are a handful of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Monroe. With the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: program your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Direct various lights to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system notices unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lighting switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Monroe
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (318) 226-6496 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.